This is a family favourite… it goes great with just about anything. We had it the other night with some barbecued sausages and steamed vegetables.
It is a quick recipe with loads of flavour… the perfect side to whatever you are serving! Whatever it lacks in being photogenic, it makes up for in taste!
Here are my ingredients assembled, ready to cook!
To begin, I fried the sliced mushrooms in the butter/margarine, onion powder and oregano at medium high heat for about 10 minutes (we like them crispy to start).
Next came the rice. I put it right in the pan with the mushrooms and let it “fry” for an additional 2 – 3 minutes… stirring constantly so the rice doesn’t burn.
In a medium bowl, I whisked together the beef broth and gravy mix and then poured it into the pan with the rice and mushrooms.
I lowered the temperature to low and let the rice simmer until fully cooked, about 15 – 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then served it up on plates for dinner! Delicious!
- 1 package (1 lb.) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp. butter/margarine
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 package beef gravy mix
- Wash and slice mushrooms and add to frying pan with butter/ margarine, onion powder and oregano.
- Fry over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, until mushrooms are starting to get crispy on the outside.
- Add rice to pan and stir constantly for about 2 – 3 minutes making sure not to burn the rice.
- Whisk together beef broth and gravy mix in a medium bowl.
- Add broth mixture to pan.
- Lower temperature to low heat and allow to simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes, until rice is fully cooked.
- Serve as a side dish with your favourite meal.