My oven is on the fritz and I am waiting for the repair man to get the right parts in to fix it. It doesn’t want to get up to temperature and even if we heat it up using the broil function, it won’t maintain the temperature.
Even knowing that I decided to take a chance and make these quick and easy lemon squares for the boys lunches. While it took a lot longer than usual they still tasted absolutely delicious!
The combination of the lemon cake mix and lemon pudding mix give your taste buds a wonderful burst of lemony flavour!
Here are the ingredients used to make this recipe.
To make the squares, you start by putting the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and first amount of lemon juice in a large bowl and mixing until fully combined… it sort of looks like yellow play dough lol!
I placed the batter in my prepared baking pan, pressing it in evenly.
Now, I had to bake it a lot longer but usually it is baked at 350 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes.
Allow the lemon square base to fully cool before mixing together the icing sugar and second amount of lemon juice to form the glaze.
Drizzle the glaze over top of the squares and allow to set.
Once set, cut into squares and enjoy!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box lemon instant pudding
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking pan (8 x 8, 9 x 9, or 6 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and first amount of lemon juice.
- Mix until well combined, it will be thick.
- Press mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, until the edges are starting brown and it is fully cooked through to the centre
- Remove from oven and allow to fully cool.
- In small bowl, whisk together icing sugar and second amount of lemon juice to form a glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over lemon squares and allow to set.
- Cut into squares and serve.