I don’t know about anyone else, but with the nicer weather starting, everyone here has had a mad hankering for burgers. While the grill isn’t cleaned and ready to go yet I still made some burgers the other night and just cooked them up in the frying pan.
They were so delicious…. the first burger of the season… even thought it wasn’t cooked on the grill lol!
I know that burgers don’t generally take very good pictures…. I still took one for this post.
Burgers are easy to make and the nice thing is you can make a bunch and just freeze them to cook another day. I didn’t this time but in the summer I generally have a variety on hand for quick grilled dinners.
To make the burger patties I added 1 cup grated cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing mix and 1/2 cup of cooked/crumbled bacon.
I mixed it by fork and by hand until well combined and then divided it into 5 portions, shaping them into burger patties. I made 5 burgers because that’s what I needed… you can do 4 or 6, whichever suits your needs.
I gave my frying pan a quick squirt with cooking spray and then cooked the burgers… only turning them once… until they were cooked all the way through and were browned on each side.
I sprinkled about 1 heaping tablespoonful onto each burger in the frying pan and topped that with a bacon slice (cut in half) on the burgers of those who wanted more bacon.
Then served them up on toasted garlic buttered buns with a couple slices of sweet pickle and some air fryer french fries. A take out type meal.. made at home!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 tsp. ranch dressing mix
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked/crumbled bacon
- 5 – 6 heaping tbsp. grated cheese
- slices of bacon to top burgers
- pickles, optional
- Cook bacon slices until crispy then crumble it.
- In large bowl add ground beef, crumbled cooked bacon, sour cream and ranch dressing mix.
- Mix by fork and by hand until well combined.
- Shape into required amount of burgers.
- Cook on stove to for about 7 minutes per side, or on BBQ grill.
- Sprinkle 1 heaping tbsp. grated cheese on each burger and halved slices of bacon.
- Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- Serve on toasted buns with pickles… optional.