I made this a few weeks ago, and again last night to have with dinner.
In the time it takes to cook the pasta, you can have the rest ready to throw in.
You could even add some cooked and shredded chicken and additional veggies to make this your main course.
Either way, it is a nice, light summer side dish!
Here is what I started with.
(NOTE : I always try to keep some of the precooked bacon on hand so that it’s only a quick minute before I add it to a last minute recipe /meal)
I cooked the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions but sprayed the pot with cooking spray and boiled the water with a tsp of minced garlic for flavour.
While it was cooking, I used kitchen shears and chopped up 6 slices of the precooked bacon and microwaved it for 45 seconds to crisp it up.
I diced the tomatoes and chopped the green onions.
When the spaghetti noodles were done and drained, I tossed the tomatoes, onions and bacon in the pot and mixed it up.
I added the shredded mozzarella and a sprinkle of oregano and mixed it until the cheese melted and served it with garlic bread and pork chops for Chris!
Fast & Easy Pasta Side Dish
Preparation time : 15 minutes Cook Time : 15 minutes Servings : 4
- 4 cups spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Sprinkle oregano, optional
- Prepare spaghetti noodles according to package directions, spraying pot with cooking spray and adding 1 tsp minced garlic to water.
- While pasta is cooking, chop onions, dice tomatoes and cook and chop bacon.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add tomatoes, onions and bacon and mix well to combine.
- Add grated mozzarella and oregano and mix well until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional, sprinkle with grated parmesan.