Do you find it as difficult as I do to think of different ways to grill potatoes? As much as I/we love baked potatoes and roast potatoes done of the grill, sometimes we just like something a bit different.
This recipe is one of the ways we like to change it up. Easy to prepare and assemble and delicious when grilled! You can change the spices in it to suit whatever else you are making. I used a Cajun seasoning and garlic powder.
Here are my ingredients… again, you can use whatever spice you want. I chose the ones I used because I was serving it with some bacon wrapped steaks, rubbed in the Montreal Steak Spice Rub I made a while back and it just seemed like a good go to!
I washed the potatoes and cut them into about 1 inch pieces. I put them in a large microwave safe bowl, covered the bowl with plastic wrap and cooked them on high heat for about 6 minutes, just to precook them a little bit.
I let the cool a bit before feeding them onto the wooden skewers.
In a small bowl, I mixed together the mayonnaise, beef broth, garlic powder and Cajun Seasoning until well blended.
I put the skewered potatoes in a 9 x 13 baking pan and brushed the mixture onto the potatoes, making sure to fully coat each potato on the skewers.
I wrapped the pan in plastic wrap and let them marinate for about 3 hours.
When it was time to cook them, I turned on the grill to low heat and placed the potato skewers on the top rack.
I cooked them about 6 minutes per side, until the potato pieces were browned and fully cooked.
And then I served them, still on the skewers, for dinner. You can of course removed them from the skewers if you like to serve, but I liked how they looked on the plate still skewered!
Grilled Potato Skewers
- 4 or 5 red potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes/pieces.
- Place potatoes in microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cook on high heat for about 6 minutes to partially precook them.
- Skewer potato cubes onto wooden skewers and place in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, broth, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning until well incorporated.
- Brush mixture on all sides of the potatoes.
- Wrap baking pan with plastic wrap and let marinate about 3 hours.
- Grill over low heat, on top rack of grill, until browned and cooked through.
- Enjoy… on or off th skewers!