Yes… back to peanut butter. Can’t help it lol… everyone loves peanut butter in this house. And at Chris’ work if I am being honest. The guys at work like to “raid” his lunch box to see what snacks I have sent. I swear they are all like a bunch of 5 year olds lol!
This is a no bake cookie/macaroon so they are relatively quick to make and delicious to eat!
Here are the ingredients I used to make them.
To start, I put the sugar, butter/margarine and milk in a large pot.
I bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring as the butter/margarine starts to melt.
I let it boil for a full 2 minutes.
I removed it from the heat and added the oatmeal, stirring to combine.
Lastly, I added the peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until the peanut butter is melted.
Then I dropped the mixture from tablespoons onto a parchment paper lined baking pan.
I put them in the fridge to set, about a half hour, then removed them from the baking sheet and started adding them to lunch boxes.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Macaroons
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large pot add sugar,milk and butter/margarine.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Allow mixture to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in oatmeal.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter melts.
- Place on prepared baking sheet using a tablespoon.
- Place pan in fridge to set, about 15 minutes, or util they are set.
- Remove from baking pan and enjoy!