I realized the other day that I haven’t done an air fryer post in a very long time. I suppose I could have done something a little more exciting than another French Fry recipe but these always taste so good when I make them that I decided to share anyway!
These are soaked in hot water in the sink, dried and then tossed with oil and this seasoning mix before cooking in my air fryer. They are crisp and delicious every time!
You can also just cook the french fries in just the oil and sprinkle the seasoning on after, we just enjoy them better this way.
Here are my ingredients to make these seasoned french fries. I used a mix of red and white potatoes because I needed to use up the few that were in each bag.
I washed and cut the potatoes into french fries and then placed them in the sink in hot tap water, letting them soak for about 15 – 20 minutes.
I drained them and then dried them on towels before proceeding to the next step.
In a small bowl, I mixed together the salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and paprika until well blended.
I put my drained an dried potatoes into a large freezer bag and tossed the potatoes in the oil.
Next I put the seasoning in the bag with the potatoes and shook the bag until all the potatoes were evenly coated in the seasoning.
Then cooked them in the air fryer on it’s highest heat setting for about 20 – 25 minutes, until they were cooked through and crispy.
We had them with some homemade burgers!
French Fry Seasoning/French Fries in the Air Fryer
- 6 – 8 potatoes
- 3 tsp. oil, I used vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Wash potatoes and slice into french fries.
- Place in sink or bowl in very hot tap water and let sit for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix together the sugar, chili powder, salt, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder until well blended.
- Dry potatoes with towels after soaking and place in large freezer bag.
- Toss potatoes, in freezer bag, with the oil and seasoning mix until all the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes before placing potatoes in basket and cooking.
- Cook until potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the outside, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from basket and enjoy.