We love coconut… in just about any form. I even like it fresh right from the husk! My favourite is still the chocolate coconut macaroons but I have to say these ones come in a pretty close second! And did I mention how easy they are to make???
Here are the ingredients needed to make these macaroons.
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
Separate the eggs and add the egg whites and vanilla to the coconut mixture.
Mix until well combined.
Drop by the teaspoonful onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes, until the bottoms are nice and brown and the tops are starting brown.
Allow to cool before transferring to a plate… and Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add egg whites and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing to plate.