Chocolate and Peanut Butter… need I say more lol? Another of our favourite combinations. These may look a little fancy, but they are still very easy to make… and delicious to boot!
Here are my ingredients to make these squares.
For the brownies, in the bowl of my stand mixer, I mixed together the butter/margarine, sugar, cocoa, salt and vanilla.
Once it is mixed up well, add the eggs and mix until combined.
Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
Spread the mixture into a parchment paper lined brownie pan.
In a small bowl, mix together the peanut butter and icing sugar.
Drop the peanut butter mixture by the tablespoonful on top of the brownie base.
I used a wooden skewer to swirl the peanut butter into the brownie base, but you could use a knife, chop sticks, anything like that.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until tester comes out clean when tested.
Allow to fully cool before cutting into squares.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 1/3 cup butter/margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mix together butter/margarine, sugar, cocoa, salt and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking pan evenly.
- In small bowl, mix together peanut butter and icing sugar.
- Drop by the tablespoonful onto brownie batter.
- Use skewer/knife/chop sticks to swirl the peanut butter mixture into brownie base.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until fully cooked and toothpick/cake tester inserted comes out clean.