Who doesn’t like cheesecake? I can’t think of one single person I know who doesn’t love this sinful dessert. I don’t make “real” cheesecake often, I usually opt for my quick cheesecake recipe… because it is quick but this one is a nice treat when I feel like making the real thing!
Here are the ingredients I use to make the cheesecake… minus the lazy “canned” pie filling on top!
I start wrapping the base of the springform pan with aluminum foil and then by making the crust. I mix together the graham crumbs and brown sugar before adding the melted butter/ margarine and mixing well.
I press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and a little bit up the sides.
I baked the crust at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes while I was making the filling.
To make the filling, I start by adding the 3 packages of softened cream cheese into the bowl of my stand mixer with the sugar and vanilla and whipping it until smooth.
I add the eggs, one at a time, whipping it well between eggs. Mix until smooth and there are no lumps of cream cheese.
Pour the mixture into the prebaked crust.
I place a pan of water in the bottom of the oven then place the cheesecake above it.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until knife inserted in the middle came out clean.
I left the cheesecake in the oven after I turned the temperature off to finish cooking.
Once cooked I covered it and let it chill in fridge for a few hours before removing from the pan.
I cut it into slices and served with cherry pie filling on top.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine melted
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- toppings, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap base of springform pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the graham crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter/margarine until combined and crumbly looking.
- Press mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- To make cheesecake filling, mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time to mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until a fork inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to remain in oven as it cools down.
- Chill in fridge at least 1 hour before slicing.
- I served mine with cherry pie filling.