Yum! Caramel and rich, chocolaty brownies!!! What could be a better combination? I love caramel and brownies are my weakness (why I don’t make them often lol), so I decided to combine the two on the weekend for lunch box snacks!
I use my favourite brownie recipe, the one I use every single time, and then added some melted caramels into the mix. Very sweet, but a wonderful treat!
These are my ingredients for making these brownies!
I make the brownie batter first, by adding the melted butter/margarine, vanilla, eggs and sugar to the bowl of my stand mixer and creaming it together until smooth.
Next I add the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder to the mixture and mix until well combined, but not over mixed.
Next I take the unwrapped caramels and place them in a small, microwave safe bowl with 2 tbsp. heavy cream.
And microwave them on high heat for about 1 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until you can stir them smooth.
I spread the brownie batter into my parchment paper lined brownie pan and then dropped the melted caramel over the top in blobs.
I used a sharp knife to swirl the caramel and brownie batter to gether.
I baked it at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, until cooked through.
Once cooled I iced with my favourite chocolate icing and cut it into squares ready to eat!
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 30 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- your favourite chocolate icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream together butter/margarine, sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined but not over mixed.
- Spread brownie mixture into prepared brownie pan.
- Add unwrapped caramels and heavy cream to a small microwave safe bowl.
- Cook on high heat for about 1 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until you are able to stir it into a smooth sauce.
- Add caramel to brownie batter in pan
- Use a sharp knife to swirl the brownie batter and caramel together.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Allow to fully cool then ice with your favourite chocolate icing.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.