I was making Pizza and Wings for dinner the other night and I can’t for the life of me remember if I have posted them before so I decided I would post it anyway…. just in case! I am pretty sure I have posted a regular jerk chicken recipe, just not wings.
Chris says these are the best wings around… and he is a chicken wing connoisseur lol. I make my own jerk seasoning/marinade, let the wings marinate in it for at least 6 hours and then bake the wings… yes… bake. And they are absolutely delicious! I used the Pizza Hut Copycat recipe for the pizza that I always use now and we had better than take out Pizza and Wings for dinner!
Here are my ingredients for making the Jerk Marinade for the wings. (Except for the actual wings)
I pour all of the ingredients, other than the wings in a large bowl/measuring cup and whisk until fully combined.
Next I place the chicken wings in a large baggie and pour the marinade over top of the wings.
I close the bag and then let the wings marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
After marinating, I use tongs to remove the wings and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. (The marinade can get very sticky so the parchment paper saves a lot of time on clean up!)
I bake them at 375 degrees for about 1 hour, flipping half way through, until they are nicely browned… even a bit burned on the bottom if you like them that way.
And then serve them, with pizza or whatever you like to have wings with!
Jerk Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings (I used 3 lbs. and doubled the recipe for the marinade)
- 2 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. malt vinegar
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large measuring cup/medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for wings and whisk to combine.
- Place wings in large baggie and pour marinade over top.
- Shake bag to ensure all wings are fully coated.
- Allow to marinate in fridge for at least 6 hours.
- After marinating, remove wings from baggie with tongs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees, until wings are well browned and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.