Let me start by apologizing for being absent for 2 days… or is it 3? I am so exhausted right now I honestly can’t remember. I have tried starting this post twice now. Both times I literally fell asleep creating the post and until this morning haven’t been able to finish it. By the time I wake up from my unplanned nap it was time to get back to washing and painting the walls.
I am pleased to say that all the walls except for one section is done!!!! I was just so tired yesterday after painting that I decided to wait and do that section today when I start putting the pictures and such back in place.
Holy crapadoodle!!! I have spent the last 2 days washing walls! And I hurt everywhere lol… I guess part and parcel of growing old! Today is going to be pretty much a rest day. All I have planned is filing in holes with spackling before I paint tomorrow!
On Sunday I did some baking for lunches and these donuts were one of the things I made. They love homemade donuts… and I love the fact these are baked and not fried.
Here are my ingredients to make the donuts. I didn’t include the ingredients for the glaze because I wasn’t even sure if I was going to glaze them.
I started by adding the egg, milk, melted butter/margarine, vegetable oil and vanilla to the bowl of my stand mixer and mixing until well combined.
Next I added the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt, mixing until just combined.
I poured the donut batter into an icing bag and then piped it into my well greased donut pans.
I baked the donuts at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
I allowed the donuts to cool for about 5 minutes.
While the donuts were cooling, I made the glaze using 1 cup icing sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and about 2 – 3 tsp. hot water, mixing with hand mixer until consistency desired.
I dipped the tops of the donuts into the glaze and set them on a sheet of parchment paper until the glaze had set.
I set them out on a plate and tried to keep Chris and Dillon from eating them all, leaving none for their lunches lol!
Baked Chocolate Donuts
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. butter/margarine melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- For Glaze:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 – 3 tsp. hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease donut pans with cooking spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer, mix together the egg, milk, melted butter/margarine, vanilla and vegetable oil.
- Add the flour, cocoa, sugar baking powder and salt and mix until it is just combined.
- Poor batter into and icing bag, cut off the tip and pipe evenly into greased donut pans
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Let donuts cool for about 5 minutes while making glaze.
- Dip tops of donuts into glaze and place on parchment paper glaze is set.
- Once donuts are fully cooked, place and enjoy them!