These are one of Chris’ favourite type of muffin. They are packed full of goodness, fresh carrot, freshly grated apple dates, coconut, apple sauce, walnuts…. just a bunch of yum lol!
It takes a little bit of extra time because you have to grate the carrots and apples, and chop the walnuts, but it is well worth the little bit of time!
Here are my ingredients… before I did my grating and chopping lol!
As mentioned above, the first thing I did was to grate and chop the ingredients that needed it.
In the bowl of my stand mixer, I added the apple sauce, vegetable oil, grated apple and vanilla, mixing to combine.
Next I added the grated carrot, chopped dates, coconut and chopped walnuts and again, mixed to combine.
I added both types of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt and mixed until just blended.
I scooped the mixture into my cupcake paper cup lined muffin pan, dividing the mixture evenly between each cup.
I baked them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then lowered the heat to 350 degrees and baked for another 15 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
I let them cool in the pan and then removed them to a plate for everyone to enjoy!
Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 apple, grated
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- Grate/chop ingredients that require it. I used my food processor to do mine.
- In bowl of stand mixer, add grated apple, apple sauce, oil and vegetable oil. Mix to combine.
- Add grated carrot, dates, coconut and walnuts. Mix to combine.
- Add both types of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Mix until just blended.
- Scoop mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, lower heat to 350 degrees and cook an additional 15 minutes until muffins are cooked through.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan before removing to plate.
- Store covered.