I knew I was going to be out of town today but didn’t get anything ready to post, so I thought I would reshare my pumpkin pie recipe. It seems fitting since it is our Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend !
I did a lot of cooking yesterday and hopefully I will get it all posted before Thanksgiving actually arrives.
I made two pumpkin pies to have with dessert. We are going to have that and the other half of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake I made last week and froze.
I know it seems easy to just buy a can of prepared pumpkin pie filling but it really isn’t that much more difficult to mix it up yourself with a can of pumpkin puree. I have been making this same recipe for probably almost 30 years now… and yes, that was hard to admit to… and other than the one time I forgot to add the sugar lol, it has always tasted great.
These are the ingredients. Plus either a homemade or premade pie crust.
To make the filling you literally mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl/measuring cup (I have a 10 cup measuring cup), using a whisk and pour it into your prepared pie crusts. This recipe makes enough filling for 2 regular size pie crusts.
I put them on lined cookie sheets just in case we have an overflow…it has been known to happen.
I bake them at 375 for 20 minutes and then 350 for 20 – 30 minutes, until they are done in the centre. And that’s it, semi homemade pumpkin pie filling. Next time I will make the pumpkin puree myself too and post that.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 40 – 50 minutes Servings: 2 – 8″ pies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 and ¼ cups evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust shell.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl or measuring cup.
- Pour into prepared pie she’ll.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 30 – 40 minutes until centre is done.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.