Not a Christmas craft sale post lol… at least today!
With being so busy preparing for the craft sale, I haven’t had a lot of time to make bread or anything like that. When I was starting to prepare dinner last night I realized I didn’t have any bread to have with dinner. That reminded me about a quick cheese bread I like to make.
Big secret here lol….do you know what the secret ingredient is in this bread that just makes it taste better? It’s mustard!!! I add about 2 tbsp. to the batter when I add the wet ingredients!
Here are my ingredients. The only thing is that for some reason I put baking soda in the picture instead of the baking powder… strange… I am again going to blame it on exhaustion lol… thankfully I noticed before I made the batter!
I didn’t take as many pictures as I usually do. Probably because I was trying to do 2 things at once and it messed me up.
The first thing to do is to put the cup of milk in the microwave with the 2 tbsp. of butter/margarine for about 1 minute, to warm up the milk a bit and melt the butter.
While the milk was heating I whisked together the flour, baking powder, salt, grated cheese garlic powder in the bowl of my stand mixer.
I added the milk mixture, the egg and the mustard.
Then mixed it until it was just combined, finishing off by mixing it with my spatula.
I spread the mixture into my parchment paper lined loaf pan,,,
And baked it at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until the top was nicely browned and it was cooked through.
I let it stand in the pan for about 5 minutes (not as long as I should have) before slicing it for dinner.
Cheese Quick Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In bowl of stand mixer whisk together the flour, sugar,garlic powder,salt and grated cheese.
- In measuring cup, add one cup of milk and the butter/margarine.
- Microwave milk on high heat for about one minute, until the butter starts to melt and the milk is warm.
- Add milk mixture, egg and mustard to bowl of dry ingredients.
- Mix until it is just blended then finish off with a few stirs of the spatula.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, until it is cooked through and nicely browned on top.
- Allow to sit about 10 minutes before slicing.