When I gave these to Chris for dinner the other night (Dillon is on an afternoon shift right now), I thought that this time I overdid it with the spicy part lol. It took 2 glasses of milk and a runny nose, but he did eat them all and enjoy them lol!
This is an easy recipe to make and if you do as I did and double it, it’s an extra “Freezer Meal” for another day This is the time of year that I try to make double of whatever I am making to freeze for the busy month of December when cooking time is at a minimum, ensuring I not only get the Christmas stuff done I want to but that everyone is also being fed good homemade meals with little effort on my part!
Here are my ingredients.
As with most meatball recipes, preparing/making them is usually just one or two steps!
I placed the ground chicken in a large bowl with the honey, paprika, crushed red pepper, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and taco seasoning and mixed it up really well.
And then spend the next half hour or so rolling the meatballs. It does take a little time to roll them but it is worth it to make your own meatballs. The taste is so much better… and if you double, or even triple, the recipe you can get the rolling part for more than one meal done in one shot!
I placed the ones I was planning on cooking in a parchment paper lined baking pan and then the ones I was planning to freeze on a pizza pan, in a single layer, wrapped it in plastic wrap and froze it. Once they are frozen through you can remove them from the pizza pan and place them in preportioned freezer bags.
I cooked the meatballs at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice during cooking to ensure a somewhat even “brownness” to the meatballs.
While the meatballs were cooking I whisked together the ranch dressing, buffalo sauce and more honey until smooth. I poured it over the meatballs in the pan and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so to heat up.
I served the meatballs with pasta, carrots and garlic bread!
Spicy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp. buffalo hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add ground chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, paprika, taco seasoning, crushed red peppers and honey.
- Mix until well combined.
- Shape into 1 ” inch meatballs and place in pan.
- Bake meatballs at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice to achieve even doneness.
- Whisk together ranch dressing, buffalo hot sauce and second amount of honey until smooth.
- Pour mixture over meatballs in pan and return pan to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite side and veggies!