I have been looking for different options to diabetic meals. I apparently hadn’t been doing a good enough job of watching my sugar/carb intake between blood tests so I have to go full on diabetic diet.
The thing I really miss is bread!!! An easy meal for myself ( because I don’t eat any kind of meat due to allergies) would be a PB sandwich on some kind of grain bread. Quick and mostly healthy lol!
I love tuna and tuna melts so this seemed like a great recipe/meal to try. I saw it in a magazine in the doctors office and took a picture of the recipe so I could try it!
It only took a few minutes to prepare and it really did taste great. The recipe called for 3/4 tsp. salt but I omitted that because I really didn’t think it needed it and I am glad I did! It tasted just fine without it!
Here are the ingredients required to make these.
Put all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
Mix until fully combined, spoon it into greased mini muffin pan cups and bake it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until puffy and browned.
How much easier could it get than that?
Remove from pan and enjoy!
Keto/Diabetic Tuna Melt Puffs
- 1 can tuna (in water), drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar (I used old)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. salt (I decided against using the salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cups of mini muffin pan.
- Place all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix until full combined.
- Spoon mixture into cups of mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until puffy and brown.
- Remove from pan and enjoy.