I swear that dinner this week has been the last thing on my mind. As convenient as digging into my growing Freezer Meal selection for December would be, I know I am going to appreciate that way more in December.
This casserole is easy and quick to put together and might very well be a new addition to your comfort food list this coming winter season!
Here are my ingredients. You can of course, add whatever you like to make it your own!
I partially precooked the chicken after cubing it. It just never feels right to me to be adding uncooked chicken to a casserole. I just tossed it into a frying pan with a dash or two of olive oil until it was almost cooked through.
Now for the hard part…..
Throw all of the ingredients, except for the crackers and butter/margarine and mix until everything is well blended.
Pour it into your greased baking pan. I used my small roast pan.
In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter/margarine.
Add the crushed crackers and mix to coat the crackers.
Sprinkled the crackers over top of the casserole and bake at 375, uncovered, for about 45 minutes, until browned on top and heated through.
Then serve. We had it with a nice salad and some bread!
Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 2 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed and partially precooked
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cups old cheddar, shredded
- 1 sleeve soda crackers, crushed
- 2 tbsp. butter/margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Precook cubed chicken breasts.
- Add all ingredients except for crackers and butter/margarine to a large bowl and mix until fully blended.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan.
- Melt butter/margarine in small microwave safe bowl on high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add crushed soda crackers, stirring to coat crackers.
- Sprinkle crackers over top of casserole in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes, until top is browned and casserole is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.