What an honour this is for us! We have now been nominated for the Liebster Award for the second time in our only 4 months of blogging. That makes us feel that what we are writing and posting are being read and appreciated amongst our followers!
We would like to say a heartfelt thank you to S. from SavouriebyS for the nomination! Please find the nomination page from their webpage here, and check out all the wonderful recipes and posts there!
The rules of this award are listed as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
Here are the 11 Random facts about Kim and Sandie
- I am trying to garden but past experience proves I have a black thumb!
- I love hummingbirds! I now have I think 9 hummingbird feeders around the property.
- My absolute favourite past time is reading.
- My go to comfort food is either mac & cheese or potato soup
- My favourite movie of all time would have to be An Officer and a Gentleman, sappy I know, but I love it
- I love hockey. We are avid Toronto Maple Leaf fans.
- I like to camp and love to fish.
- I love being in my kitchen but if I had to choose I would bake over regular cooking.
- I am a Sagittarius
- I have a strange sense of humour
- I can’t think of anything else, sorry
- My first crush, at age five, was Casper… the friendly ghost…. played by Devon Sawa in the 1995 Casper movie.
- My husband and I hold a James Bond movie marathon every New Years Eve selecting a different actor who played the title character and watching all of their films.
- I have trypophobia.
- My favourite board game as a child was Candyland.
- I currently have four tattoos.
- My dream vacation would be a trip to New Zealand.
- My favourite thing to drink at a summer BBQ is Mill Street Original Organic Lagar. Later in the year, I love their Vanilla Porter! So good! My husband and I have visited the Mill Street Brewery in Toronto on more than one occasion.
- On the topic of alcohol, we have also toured the Guinness Factory in Dublin, Ireland.
- Still on the topic of alcohol (we don’t drink often but I’m running low on other fun facts), many people are surprised that “tiny, cute” me drinks scotch in the wintertime… with shortbread cookies!
- Moving away from drinking, as I don’t want you to get the wrong idea…. Although I’m sub par at best, I enjoy both swimming and playing tennis.
- My Betty Boop-themed kitchen started randomly when I found a Betty Boop doll at our local Value Village that reminded me of a doll my mom made for me when I was a child.
Questions to Us from SavouriebyS
If you had a choice between travelling to your past or future, which would you choose and why?
Sandie – I think I would travel to the past and try to stop myself from making some of the stupid mistakes I made growing up lol!
Kim – I would travel to the future. While there are many things in my past I would like to redo, I’m afraid that it would change where I am today and for the most, I’m happy with where my life is and where it’s going. With the future, I’d like to think (or perhaps Hollywood has tricked me) that if I saw something I didn’t like, there would still be opportunity to change it.
If you were a ghost, where would you visit (or revisit) in the human realm and why?
Sandie – I think I would just revisit home to make sure everyone is doing all right, and maybe try to scare the crap out of them!
Kim – Agreed (with mom), I would revisit my family, wherever they may be.
If you were to choose one ethnicity to be a part of apart from your own, which would it be and why?
Sandie – I think I would want to be African because of the culture, the food, the wildlife, the history.
Kim – Fun question! I would love to be Japanese. Similarly to my mom’s rationale for her decision, I love their culture, food, landscape, and history.
Pick a color that you would say resembles your personality and why so?
Sandie – Can we pick rainbow? My personality could be represented by so many different colours.
Kim – Blue, wish a hint of green. In high school we took personality quizzes and I was a mix of blue/green and I still am today after re-reading what these colours mean here.
If you had the option of living in a different time period or era, which would it be and why?
Sandie – Definitely the 50’s! Life seemed so much simpler back then… besides I love the music.
Kim – 70s! Reason 1 – I would have been a hippie! Reason 2 – Led Zeppelin! Led Zeppelin is my all-time favourite band (perhaps I should have listed that as a random fact). I would have loved to have seen them live “back in the day”.
Sweet or savory foods?
Sandie – Most definitely savory!
Kim – My eyes say sweet, my stomach says savory!
If you met a person who’s never heard of blogging before, how would you describe it to them?
Sandie – I would describe it as a wonderful community that shares, through writing, things they enjoy, are good at, want or need to share, ideas, the list is endless of what you can share through blogging
Kim – A blog is like an online journal where individuals have the freedom to share their passions publicly.
Define happiness in your own words, even if its as simple as a chocolate bar.
Sandie – Happiness is a nice cold drink, a comfy chair and a good book
Kim – Happiness is so many things but the first thing that came to mind was…. laughing so hard your tummy hurts (and your eyes water).
Upon receiving your nomination, what was the first line of thought that came to your head?
Sandie – I can’t believe we did it again lol
Kim – (My mom shared with my via text message) – Wow! That’s awesome!
If you unleashed a genie in a bottle, what would your 3 wishes be and why?
Sandie – 1 – Financial freedom 2 – 100 acres of livable land in the middle of nowhere 3 – a stress less world for everyone
Kim – 1) Endless travel funds. 2) A house in Kelowna, British Columbia. 3) If this was an all-powerful genie I would wish to reverse global warming to hopefully rescue a number of endangered species – I love animals and I want my children one day to be able to know and see all the animals I have.
What is one key to success you strongly believe in?
Sandie – Perserverence
Kim – Self-motivation…. there is always going to be days when you just have to do it on your own.
Our Nominees are:
Please check out their blogs for all the wonderful recipes, crafts and ideas they are sharing with everyone! You will not be disappointed!
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- If you could use only one word to describe your blogging experiences to this point, what would it be? Why?
- What is your go to comfort food?
- What is your favourite kitchen gadget?
- If I/we gave you a 20 dollar bill and told you to go make a difference in someone’s life with it, what would you do?
- If you could go on your dream vacation tomorrow where would you go?
- City or country life?
- If you could jump on a space ship and travel to any planet, which one would you want to go to?
- Which celebrity would you love to meet and what would you say to them?
- When going out for dinner, what is your go to meal to order? Or do you like to mix it up and try new things?
- If you could offer one piece of advice to new bloggers, what would that be?