Look…. two days in a row with posts!!! I am on a little role! I can’t guarantee it will stick but at least it’s more than one day in a row!
Dillon bought me this craft kit for Christmas. I thought it was pretty cool and couldn’t wait to try it out. I had the perfect spot for it, it my kitchen window. While Dillon bought it as a sort of joke gift because I can’t keep a plant alive in the house to save my own life, it was still a fun project to do!
This is the kit I received.
It came with everything needed except for the scissors to cut the hanging cord.
The dough was very malleable and I got straight to work “designing” my hanging pots. I will admit I did redo them a few times until I decided on what I wanted the final look to be, making sure to also push the plastic succulent into the tops of each pot to make the hole before it dried. While they may not be perfect, they still look cute hanging in the window.
NOTE: I pushed a wooden skewer through them after shaping for 2 reasons…. one as a space for the cord to hang them and two, so I could use the skewer to hold the pots over glasses to dry during painting.
I let the dry/cure for about 2 days because they were sort of thick, then painted them with the provided paint.
Once the paint dried, I threaded the provided cord through double thickness, knotted it for hanging and pushed the succulent into each pot where I made the hole before drying.
Here are the little succulent pots hanging in my kitchen window. I used a tension rod to hang them inside the window frame under my window valance.
Thank you again Dillon…. it was fun to make!